Bicycles can be a great way to get around, but they need proper care and maintenance to last. The more often you use it, the more closely you need to pay attention to the bike frame parts, bike frame building parts, and their maintenance. The two-wheeler vehicle's intended use also determines the level of care and maintenance it needs.
The bike frame is at the heart of a bicycle, often made of aluminium alloy, steel, titanium, magnesium or carbon fibre. It supports the bike's other parts, such as the handlebars, seat, wheels and pedals.
Prevention is key to cost-efficiency at Bikes Online. That is why we offer an array of bike maintenance essentials to make your rides a breeze. Our online store does not only feature a wide variety of bicycles but also bike replacement parts, bike frame parts, and bike frame building parts. If you need something bike-related, you can trust that Bikes Online has it.
Please browse our extensive catalogue of superior-quality replacement parts for bike frames today.
To further guide you in buying bike parts online, familiarity with crucial bike components and jargon is necessary. Here, we break down some basic information about bike frame parts so you know the location and relevance of each.
What are Bike Frames?
These commonly have a front triangle consisting of four tubes: the seat, down, top, and head, everything forming double diamonds. They also have a rear triangle with a seat tube, chain stays, and seat stays.
Depending on the type of bike you have, the bike frame controls the movement of your bicycle. For example, hardtail mountain bikes rely on a suspension fork for their bounce and a rigid rear end. On the other hand, full-suspension mountain bikes have floating links between the rear and front triangles, and the rear-suspension system better controls the movement between the two ends.
The Different Bike Frame Parts
As mentioned in the former part, the bike frame comprises different components. Each component contributes to the entire structure's functionality and plays a pivotal role in determining how your bike handles and performs.
There are several types of bikes on the market, but all have the same basic structure, with many essential bike frame parts that make up this structure.
- Bearings support the moving parts of the bike, helping to reduce friction. These keep the moving parts running smoothly and increase the pieces' lifespan.
- Bushings serve as shock absorbers for tires and protect bearings from impact and debris.
- Pivot bolts mount the forks to the frame, enabling the fork to move freely. They also act as the hinge mechanism to keep the structure connected and the bike rigid.
- Linkage bolts connect the head, top, and seat tubes, enabling the bike frame to move in four directions while maintaining its structural integrity.
- Crank bolts attach the crankset (the bottom bracket and the cranks) to the frame and allow the bottom bracket to spin smoothly on the axle.
- Spindle bolts connect the bottom bracket and the spindle that holds the wheel in place, ensuring that the wheel stays attached to the frame, with the spindle moving freely.
- Shock bolts attach the shock to the bike frame and provide the spring action that supports the ride, reducing the number of bumps on the road absorbed by the rider.
- Derailleur hangers (hanger dropouts) on the frame's rear ends hold the derailleur in place and keep the front derailleur cable away from the spokes.
- Once inserted into the bike frame, the seat clamp secures the bicycle's seat post. It also enables the saddle to be moved up and down to the desired height.
- Chainstays (A.K.A. chainstay tubes) are the vertical tubes that connect the seat stay and chain stays to the frame’s rear triangle. They provide strength and stability to the bike and enable it to maintain its balance at all times.
- Bump stoppers are positioned at the rear end of the bike frame where the top tube meets the down tube. They protect the rear wheel from being damaged in a fall or collision.
- Air top caps are detachable covers for the suspension fork and protect cables and brake levers from environmental elements.
We have an extensive gallery of bike frame parts (as well as accessories) that you can purchase to keep your bicycle in tip-top shape. Explore our vast collection now!
Buy Bike Frame Parts at Bikes Online
Bikes Online shop has all your bicycle needs. Aside from offering various bicycles from trusted and top-notch suppliers, we also have high-quality bike frame parts to prolong your bike's life and keep it in excellent shape. If you seek bike apparel and accessories to up your game, we've got you covered too.
Buy bike parts from our online store today and enjoy fast delivery for all Australia-wide orders! Our direct-to-consumer pricing is what makes our online bike shop stand out. We source premier bicycles from world-class manufacturers, then offer them at often half the price of comparable bike prices in the market.
Have any questions about our products and services? Feel free to contact us. Our exceptional team of professionals will be more than willing to assist. Ride with confidence when you buy from Bikes Online Australia.